I ended up being able to get the jewelry case moved on Thursday night and set up my display on Friday morning. Light was missing the transformer. Looked everywhere logical that I could think up till finally on Saturday (after I went back to Ikea to see if I could get just a transformer --- no such luck. Had to buy a new one) I remembered to check the hall bench. Yep, there it was somewhat the worse for wear. So its just as weel I got a new one. The cord and transformer fit the existing light in the case. It looks great.
As it turned out on Friday one of Sue's customer's was interested in a bracelet with garnets and goldstone (she used my list of Gemstone Properties to figure out stones that would support anemia and poor circlution. Not an aethetically good combination. I went through my resources by ailment and determined that I did have some garnets, plus carnelian and hematite that would support those conditions. I met with her on Saturday and she choose garnets and carnelian. I made up the bracelet on Sunday and also made up a necklace and earrings set while I was at it. Here they are
In addition, this first request for custom design spurred me to take out ALL of my stones and sort through them and bag them by type and colour. Good to see what I do in fact have in stock and what I might want to get when I go on another buying spree. I definitely have too mcuh turquoise in every shape and shade possible. Its gotten me planning new creations.
The only other thing I got done yesterday was this pastell. I worked off the same photo from the workshop It was so nice that Mom and I were able to sit outside for a while out front during the afternoon. Its supposed to get up to 26 by Tuesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment