Its now January 5 2011. Hard to believe that this century is now more than a decade old. Made me antsy initially since I was very conscious of not doing much to further this mission of spending a Year Creatively! Very low interest. That gets coupled with self imposed pressure to perform, which leads to disappointment. Then I had an ahah moment today! This year is about being true to myself and fostering my inner artist, NOT about meeting artificially imposed deadlines or expectations. Not an earth shattering idea overall, but useful when it dawned on me that I have no one to please than myself.
So, who knows what I will or will not achieve this year. All I know it that's its a journey, but its MY JOURNEY, to do with what feels right.
So right now I'm sitting here typing this first Blog of 2011, with Max curled up on my lap. Makes typing a bit of a stretch, but its very pleasant to realize that he now feels this secure that any time I sit at the computer its lap time. He's actually asleep! A first.
No comments:
Post a Comment