I got some Pan Pastels for Christmas. A gift to myself!!! Why not, eh! I ordered them from Cheap Joe's, but now I noticed that Curry's has somewhat of a display finally. I've always loved the effects that some artists can create using pastels, but so far I've not felt that I was able to really master the techniques with the types of pastels I had been using. So I was interested in trying these. I must say I looked at them for a couple of weeks before I was ready to try them. Had a lot to do with my malaise as far as feeling creative. I hope that I'm over that, now that I've given myself permission to just do without the need for whatever pressure I seem to have been putting on myself.
At any rate, these are very creamy and easy to apply with the sponge applicators. I'm still trying to master control of details but I like the potential, especially in mixed media. Here is my first attempt at Irises.
I may work on it some more.
And here is another stamped piece on my own hand made paper that I also completed this week.


No comments:
Post a Comment