Tuesday, December 7, 2010

St Nickolaas and snow!

Well winter has started with a blast very early this year. On Sunday we had to shovel about 5 inches it felt like. Looks like it is going to stick around too. More snow predicted for today as well as the rest of the week.

Yesterday was Sinterklaas! Played yuletide music on the radio all day. Not sure how I feel about celebrating Christmas this year. I've started to put up decorations and have done a bit of baking, but the "spirit" has not kicked in yet. I don't think there will be too much socializing this season all in all. Our Art Club Christmas Pot Luck was cancelled. I will miss it.Always has been one of the key events of the season for me.

Not too much painting being done. I've had a hard time getting re-motivated after I had to give up my studio space for the 2 weeks or so before I got it back together. My momentum is a bit lost. I tried an Open House for my jewelry this past weekend. Some interest on the Sat, but Sun was a wipe-out probably because of the snow.

At any rate, here are a couple of small card sized paintings I did do. First, a water based ink pencil and watercolour painting of a pointsetta on my family room table.

Next, an acrylic mono-print of pointsetta leaves done on my own hand made paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment