Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 12 update

Cleaned out linen closets this week. It is amazing what gets buried! Four bags later of stuff to give away and throw away! Detritus of not being able to pay attention to "stuff" accumulating in one's life. I do feel that there is way to much 'stuff" everywhere. Will take a lot of effort to go through it all eventually.

I was able to try a lino block print this week. I used a much softer version of the old school linoleum to cut a stylized fish. Added impressions of another small block I cut a while ago on an eraser. Used proper inks and brayers.

Also managed to get two drawings done sitting outside this weekend with mom. Lovely weather---not too hot 26 or so--- and no humidity.

Here is my bluebird.



And here is another try at the swallowtail butterfly. Different source photo from the one I did several weeks ago. Turned out better I feel.



I found it hard to get motivated this week to get working on something bigger and new. I have made a list of a lot of things that need to be fixed in the house and in the garden. May have something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment