Today I turn 66, so this year of "Playing Creatively" is finished as such. Did I accomplish what I wanted? Have I been as creative as I had hoped? Did I carry this process to the intended end? No, no and yes.
Towards the end of the year, due to a variety of circumstances, I must admit I lost steam as far as staying true to my purpose of playing creatively and documenting the process as planned. I have managed 53 blogs since I started, so that does mean an average of 1 a week.
When I look back at the body of work I did post here, it is definitely more than I have every completed in an given year, so that is something that I did achieve. Did I manage to experiment with techniques as much aas I had planned, no I did not. I found it increasingly more difficult to carve out time "away" in my studio without interruption. Made it difficult to dig in. But I realize that I can discipline myself to work. I am pleased with some of the pieces I created. On top of that, I did feel good enough about some of my work to submit a piece this spring to the Drawing for Art, and my artwork got chosen.
Will I carry on? Yes, but I think I need a new focus, so I need to think that through. I will determine that soon and post my plans here.
Lastly, I did actually do a couple of pieces recently, and I have two incomplete paintings on the go.
This is a "botanical drawing" from our last Art Group meeting in May.
And this is a painting I did of orange poppies growing in my front garden. Which reminds me, I need to remember to move this plant to the side bed!


No comments:
Post a Comment