Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby monitors and paper making!

I"ve cleared out much of my studio room to put in the borrowed beds for my cousin and her daughter that are coming for a visit as of Nov 11. I'm a little anxious about it all, because mom has been very up and down lately. Its hard to gauge how she will handle this "change". She has taken to getting up at night and getting dressed to go downstairs to to go to church (on TV), so I've gotten a baby monitor to be able to hear her before she gets into herself into trouble. Makes for not too restful sleep. I think she is still fighting off her bladder infection. last Friday ahe got up and had breakfast normally, then said she had to go to bed because she did not feel well. Its always difficult to figure out what is going on with her body, since she can not or will not tell me. Bit of both I think. She did say she felt achy. So back to bed. I worried if I should call the doctor; take her to emergency; etc etc She mostly slept till about 4:00 pm, when she decided she must have her morning bath and breakfast. So whatever it was, it passed fairly quickly.

I did manage to make paper with my friend last week. I used some of the Japanese Abaca pulp that I got with my kit.I had soaked one of the two big sheets. Had to do the whole thing since it was impossible to cut. Made a lot, and I do mean a lot of pulp. Only used about one third of it. But apparently it can be squeezed out and frozen to use another time, which I did. So I have 2 freezer bags full of pulped paper. I may try to do some sculping with it after were back to normal again (As if that ever happens!!!)

Here is a sample of the paper. Some are plain and some I added shredded banana leaf.

Now to figure out what to use the paper for!

No comments:

Post a Comment