Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hoping for renewal

I've been in a funk for far too long. I thought the coming of spring might cure it, but so far..... not so good. Not in the mood for much of anything I normally relish. So I'm doing less working out, less walking, less interest in getting to my paints and pencils, less interest in seeing folks. I have been starting to work in the garden a bit, but even that is less satisfying than normal. I'm still waiting to get a quote and movement on the back Plus our plumbing issues seem to be eating up whatever we got back on our taxes. Mom still comes looking for me every time I try to get something done in my office or studio. Does not need anything other than to see me here in front of her. My dad was like that too the last year. He had no interest other than to see mom in front of hem. I am getting a lot of reading done.

The only art work I did complete is this three media drawing of the same piece of wood bole that has been carved with a Buddha on the inside. Did it as an illustration for our next Art Group session that I'm presenting.

I used pencil for the first, then water soluable coloured graphic pencils, and then Inktense water soluable pencils for the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment